EUROSOLAR announces European Solar Prize 2012
EUROSOLAR, in cooperation with KfW-Bankengruppe, recognizes outstanding achievements, innovation and creativity in promoting widespread use of renewable energy through the annual European Solar Prize, now in its nineteenth year. Applications and proposals are accepted until 30 June 2012. The recipients will be celebrated at a festive gathering at the end of the year.
Established in 1994, the European Solar Prize has since been given to towns, community businesses, associations, individuals and organizations whose projects have contributed in significant and outstanding ways to the use of renewable energy. To cover the broad effects and the multifaceted uses of renewable energy, the prize is presented in nine categories:
- Towns/municipalities, council districts, public utilities
- Industrial and commercial companies or farmers
- Local or regional associations/organizations
- Solar architecture and urban planning
- Transport and mobility
- Education and vocational training
- One world cooperation
- Special achievement prize for individual commitment
The panel of judges will assess the direct applications received and also proposals selected by the sections of EUROSOLAR from submissions rewarded at the national levels. The winners of the European Solar Prize will be chosen from all entries.
Posted by Gloria Llopis | 2012-02-27