international news filter news

July 28 | 2014

DNV GL confirms safety and reliability of wind turbines installed at Ashegoda wind farm

As part of the installation phase at one of Africa’s largest wind farms Ashegoda in Ethiopia, DNV GL has inspected wind turbines of the French manufacturer Vergnet. DNV GL confirmed the compliance of the installed wind turbines with DNV GL’s A-Design Assessment....
Continue reading > >
July 28 | 2014

Turnkey contract for Westermeerwind near shore wind farm

Siemens Energy has received an order for the Netherlands’ largest near shore wind farm. Designed to generate 144 megawatts (MW) of wind power, the Westermeerwind project with 48 direct drive wind turbines is also the first wind power plant Siemens Wind Power’s...
Continue reading > >
July 21 | 2014

Grupotec Renewables announces 200MW pipeline of solar EPC projects in the UK

Grupotec Renewables Ltd one of the world's leading solar EPC contractors, today announced that they have a  project pipeline of 200MW in the UK, with the possibility of a further 100MW to be added. Having already installed over 390MW worldwide, Grupotec renewables...
Continue reading > >
July 21 | 2014

Two significant milestones for German offshore grid expansion

Siemens has installed a fourth offshore platform in the North Sea, completing an important stage for grid connections of sea-based wind farms. This is the platform for the SylWin1 DC link, which is the most powerful of the four offshore wind power grid connections contracted...
Continue reading > >
July 17 | 2014

Software developer doppelintegral launches blockset for the simulation of solar energy systems

doppelintegral  located in Stuttgart, Germany, has released the software INSEL 8.2 including the Renewable Energy Blockset for MATLAB and Simulink. As the software has more than 300 blocks out of photovoltaics, solar thermal energy and energy meteorology, MATLAB and Simulink...
Continue reading > >
July 16 | 2014

The Chiripa wind farm is a boost for the wind power development of Costa Rica

ACCIONA Energía has put the 49.5 MW Chiripa wind farm into commercial service, the company’s first in Costa Rica.pa The installation, owned by a consortium in which ACCIONA holds 65% and local partner Grupo Ecoenergía the remaining 35%, represents a...
Continue reading > >
Mo
Tu
We
Th
Fr
Sa
Su
 
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31

latest interviews  

  • Christoph von Bergen

    CEO at SolarMax
     
  • Jim Ryan

    Energy Sector Manager at CD-adapco
     
  • Catarina Naucler

    Nordic Smart Grid Development Lead at Fortum Distribution AB (Sweden)